Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
FamilySearch Book Scanning at RootsTech
Thursday, February 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM - Saturday, February 4, 2012 at 3:00 PM (MST)
Salt Lake City, UT
FamilySearch is pleased to offer a unique free service at the RootsTech Conference held February 2-4, 2012 at the Salt Palace Convention Center in Salt Lake City, UT.
We will have four book scanners on site and will scan a digital copy of your family history, county, or town history book free of charge! Sign up below to have your books scanned at the event. Three scanner will be available for bound books. One for unbound manuscripts on standard size paper. Loose files of multiple-sized sheets cannot be scanned.(Journals, scrapbooks, etc. will not be scanned.)
Benefits of scanning your book
- Share it with others easily and inexpensively
- Have a copy of your book preserved by FamilySearch
- Provide access to others who may share your ancestral lines by making the book available free of charge on FamilySearch.org
Requirements and Copyright Information
- Read the guidelines to be sure your book or family history collection qualifies. To ensure that as many people as possible have an opportunity to participate, scanning will be limited to no more than 400 pages per person.
- Because the digital copy of the book will also be made available online at FamilySearch.org, please ensure that the following copyright requirements are met:
- No permission is required if the book is in the public domain (published prior to 1924)
- If you are the creator/copyright owner of the work, print and sign the permission form
- If you are not the creator/copyright owner, you must have the copyright owner sign the permission form before the book can be scanned.
How it works
- Sign up selecting either the bound or unbound ticket, depending on your book type.
- If the book is under copyright, a signed permission from the copyright owner is required before the book can be scanned.
3. Bring your book, and signed permission form to the FamilySearch Scanning booth (behind the Cyber Cafe in the Expo Hall) at the RootsTech Conference. Please drop the item off before the first class session, if possible, to allow maximum time for scanning.
4. Pick up your book and a flash drive (provided by FamilySearch) containing the digital copy at the FamilySearch Scanning booth at the end of the day.